DELAYS AND MISSED SERVICE CAUSED BY LABOR SHORTAGE
Along with numerous transit agencies and markets across the nation, Ulster County Area Transit is experiencing labor shortages. The labor shortage situation has resulted in cancellation and/or delays to UCAT’s bus service. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused to all the UCAT passengers. While UCAT and the entire community is experiencing these labor shortages, we will continue to do our best to alleviate the ensuing impacts to service. During this time, we strongly encourage our riders to review the Rider Alerts and News page, along with UCAT’s Facebook and Twitter pages, and the UCAT Transit app. For the most up-to-date information regarding routes and service, UCAT also encourages riders to call Transit Dispatch at (845) 334-8458, before their intended trip.
Ulster County Area Transit thanks YOU and our community for the continued support and understanding, while we work to remedy the labor shortage situation, and continue to provide safe public transportation.
- All riders are required to wear a mask before boarding and while riding the bus. If you need a mask, just ask your bus driver
- Practice social distancing
- Wash your hands frequently or use hand sanitizer, which is supplied on all UCAT buses.
- Consider planning your trips during off peak times to avoid crowding
- Don’t ride the bus if you are sick. UCAT is taking a number of steps to protect riders from the spread of coronavirus to include following a strict disinfection of entire fleet each day and monitoring all UCAT employees daily with temperature checks and by requiring them to fill out symptom checklists.