UCAT Customer Service Representatives will help you plan and schedule your trip. Customer Service Representatives can mail or email you route schedules with maps, schedule details, transfer points, and fare structure upon request. Call (845) 334-8458 for assistance.
- Standing in the direction of travel; riders should hail the bus with hand signal at any safe point along bus route, preferably with a light source (Cell Camera light, flashlight)
- Shopping bags and small boxes are permitted, provided they are small enough to fit on your lap or at your feet and do not block the aisles.
- Shopping bags are not permitted to hang from the back of a wheelchair
- All two-wheeled, standard sized bikes, including e-bikes are allowed on the bike rack on the front of the bus. Bike How-to Video
- Gas-powered bicycles are not permitted
- All passengers in wheelchairs must allow bus driver to secure wheelchair in accordance to manufacturers’ recommendations.
READING A SCHEDULE: The first location on the schedule is where you are. The times going across are the times you would board the bus. The second location is where you want to go. The times going across are the times you would arrive.
DESTINATION SIGNS: The sign on the exterior of the bus displays the route name and destination of the bus. Before boarding the bus, be sure to check the destination sign to ensure you are on the correct bus. If you have any questions, the bus operator will be glad to help you.
TRANSFERS: Transfers are issued to provide service between two points not served by a single route. Transfers are valid for the next bus to your destinations at locations where routes intersect. Please ask the operator for a transfer when you board the bus. Transfers are valid for 2 hours from the time of issuance.
CATCHING YOUR BUS: Riders may board a UCAT bus at any regular UCAT Stop sign. When there is no designated Bus Stop, the bus operator will stop for passengers who are flagging the bus at a safe location along the bus route.
EXITING THE BUS: When the bus is within a block of your destination, pull the cord or press the red button, next to the windows to signal to the bus operator that you want to exit the bus. Passengers are not permitted to cross in front of the bus. They must wait for the bus to depart before crossing the street.
Planning Your Trip
Before you call to plan a trip, make sure you:
- Have a paper and pen/pencil ready
- Know the address from where you are leaving and where you are going.
- Know what time you would like to arrive at your destination and or your return.
Terms You Need To Know
- The Plaza: the transit hub center located on the Kingston Plaza outside of Hannaford. This is UCAT’s main bus hub.
- Timepoint: the time at which a bus is scheduled to stop at a designated location.
- Transfer: the movement from one bus to another to reach a destination.
ADA Accessible Buses for Persons with Disabilities
UCAT buses are specially equipped with wheelchair lifts or ramps to aid individuals with disabilities boarding the bus. Buses are also equipped with wheelchair devices to secure passengers while in motion. A passenger requiring the aid of this special equipment may plan ahead by calling UCAT Customer service at (845) 334-8458. Drivers are required to secure all wheelchairs according to manufactures’ recommendations.
ADA Paratransit Information
- Applications for service are available on our website or requested via email to email@example.com
- Reservations for ADA service is available by calling 845-334-8120 Mon-Fri 9am-4pm. After hour reservations can be requested via the automated line.
- Visitors can use the service for 21 days by presenting documentation from “home” jurisdiction or “proof of disability” via a letter from a doctor or rehab facility to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Requests for reasonable modifications can be made via email to email@example.com or by calling the director at 845-340-3335.
- ADA related complaints should be made to the director by calling 845-340-3335 or mail at 1 Danny Circle, Kingston NY 12401 with attention to director.